Every local in South Paris, ME knows full well that living in our glorious state means preparing for hazardous weather year-in and year-out. Snowy streets can be beautiful, but they’re also dangerous. Fortunately for residents of the Auburn, Bridgeton, and South Paris areas, the dedicated team at Bessey Motor Sales is ready and waiting to help you ensure that you and your vehicle are safe and sound all winter long.
Tips and Tricks for Driving in Inclement Weather
When you’re navigating icy roads, be sure to keep the following tips in mind:
- Before you hit the road, make sure your tires are properly inflated.
- In cold weather, keep your gas tank half full to avoid freezing your gas line.
- Don’t park on a hill. In fact, avoid using your parking brake entirely.
- Never use cruise control in hazardous conditions.
- Always, always, always buckle up.
- Don’t get behind the wheel when you’re tired. Winter driving is stressful, so you should be physically prepared to navigate.
More than anything, the best thing you can keep in mind while driving in hazardous conditions is this: stay calm. If you find yourself getting tense or anxious behind the wheel, it might be smarter to simply stay home.
Make Sure Your Car Is Performing at Its Height
Before the worst of this year’s winter weather sets in, make sure to schedule an appointment at our state-of-the-art car service center. Our highly trained automotive technicians are here to get your car running like new. Whether you need major repairs or just a routine check-up and oil change, you can count on our knowledgeable team to get you back on the road quickly and efficiently.
You’ll love the service we offer here at our Chrysler dealership near Auburn.